Ask the Artists
After each Pro Arte Concert, Ask the Artists provides an opportunity for audience members to ask questions and engage in conversation with our featured artists and musicians about their work and lives.
Back to Classical
Back to Classical serves disadvantaged inner-city students, many of whom have severe financial needs and/or learning disabilities. It
- provides free individual music lessons from some of the area’s finest musicians, who routinely go beyond the call of duty and bring students to outside concerts and rehearsals,
- enables students to develop their musical skills and build a life-long love of music,
- encourages skills and qualities—discipline, confidence, and self-esteem—that translate into every aspect of their lives,
- provides free tickets to Pro Arte concerts, and
- includes an open rehearsal in which students sit with the musicians in the orchestra as they rehearse for an upcoming concert, allowing them to gain insight into the demands and inner workings of making music at the professional level. For many, this kind of rehearsal and concert access is truly a life-changing experience.
The schools and institutions that participate in Back to Classical operate with limited resources, and are often not able to purchase and maintain instruments for their students. In-kind, tax deductible donations of instruments to Pro Arte go a long way in helping it provide this crucial service to the most vulnerable children in our community for years to come.
How You Can Participate
If you would like to participate in or to help support Back to Classical, please contact Laurie Szablewski, our General Manager. She can be reached by phone at (617) 779-0900 or by email at email@example.com.